Thursday, October 25, 2012

Positivity and Gratitude - Day 4

Day 4. Here is something that has been on my mind a little these past couple days... Do you ever feel disappointment when you feel like you're trying really hard (and I do have to TRY REALLY HARD) and then feeling like others maybe aren't trying as hard? I guess that kind of defeats the whole purpose of being positive, right? I'm just asking a question. I'm not admitting that I have ever felt this way. (wink, wink) But seriously, it has made me stop and think how others have maybe felt about me in the past (and the present for that matter). My struggle has been remembering to give others the benefit of the doubt and be patient with each other as God is patient with us. (Sometimes it is just a little misunderstanding and you have to have the patience to work it out!) The other struggle: not letting a little bump in the road get me off track but DECIDING my reaction to any given situation. I could have handled things differently today...but remembering God's word helped me through it.

Colossians 3:12-13 

Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.

Romans 12:17-21

Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. Therefore
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

 Today I'm grateful for..."the friend that sticks closer than a brother" (Prov. 18:24). Close friendships can be like family...sometimes you have disagreements, sometimes the relationship is strained. But you put the work into it and have the difficult conversations. It tests your longsuffering. It tests your humility. Sometimes it causes you to look at yourself in the mirror. The hurt hurts deep, because the love is so deep. But you love each other through it and you never have a doubt that the friendship will remain. Because in the end...you ARE family...and what is family if not love?


No comments:

Post a Comment