Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 5 - The best Friday nights

Day 5. By Friday night I am usually so tired from the week that I don't make it much past 9 (if I'm lucky). I'm pretty sleepy right now so I'm thinking this won't be a very long post. The timing is really poor because I could say so much about what I'm thankful for today. My eyelids are trying to close on me as I'm typing this...but here it goes...

The past couple Fridays Kyle and I have brought dinner over to my parents house and enjoyed a meal together. Do 2 Fridays in a row count as a tradition? Kyle was the one that suggested we go over tonight...that made it even more special. I headed over pretty much in my PJ's after a run with Lo in the rain today. (Isn't that the best thing about family? They don't care what you look like, they love you for you.) Kyle made a delicious stew (more brownie points) tonight stocked full of vegetables; it was just so warm and perfect on a cold rainy night. After enjoying some good food we enjoyed some good conversation. I was even able to get a little time in with my busy brother, Jordan. Mom had made some paleo banana bread muffins that were pretty yummy served up with some blackberries and coconut ice cream. All in all a pretty great night.

Today I'm grateful that...I get to enjoy simple nights like this with the people that I love most. We'll have to get Jess and Sam in on this and we're set. I feel so lucky to be a part of such an amazing, loving family.The family I chose I would choose again and the family that was chosen for me I couldn't choose any better!

I wish we didn't let the busyness of life get in the way of making time for the people we love. Spend time with your family! Don't let not doing that be something that you regret later!

I know I didn't do it justice at all...but as soon as I shut this computer...I'm pretty sure I'll be asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment