Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 8 - Celebrating a Birthday

Day 8. Today I am grateful that I got to celebrate a dear friend's birthday with her. I feel like sometimes we start to take birthday's for granted...it turns more into cards and presents. Sometimes maybe we lose the real meaning of birthdays - taking time to reflect on how thankful we are for an individuals birth, celebrating the last year of their life and wishing them well in the year ahead.

Nothing has made me realize that more than celebrating Angie's birthday with her today. As we embraced this morning with tears in our eyes the words, "I'm so happy to celebrate with you today" have never meant more. Angie fought breast cancer this past year. She still has a road ahead of her, but she kicked cancer's booty and is getting strong.

So today I'm thankful for my sweet, generous, gracious, beautiful friend. I'm thankful she was born; I'm thankful her Mother's spirit shines brightly in her. I'm thankful that God brought this amazing woman into my life. I'm thankful she is a fighter and we were able to celebrate with her another year of life.

I wish you all the love and joy that the possibilities of the future bring. I know you will be a blessing to many people as you help them through their journey. Thank you for blessing me with your friendship!

So Happy Birthday Angela Marie Frakes - I love you dearly!

(Ang rockin' the pink hair as only she could!)

No comments:

Post a Comment