Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 10 - Don't take yourself so seriously

Day 10. Today I am grateful for pushing myself a little (okay...a lot!) out of my comfort zone. For those of you who know me well you know I don't like to bring attention to myself. For those of you who share my sentiments the actual dressing up for Halloween is the most TERRIFYING aspect of the whole day! But in the vein of trying to be more positive and fun at work I decided I better go ahead and go for it....really go for it! There were many times I almost backed out. Walking up the stairs to enter work was painful...but I did it. And you know what...I'm glad I did!

1 - It really pushed me outside of my comfort zone. They say "it is good to push yourself," and "you'll be a better person for it"...or whatever!

2 - It made people laugh...and laughter is good for the soul. (Except for that poor elderly lady at the 4 way stop I think I confused driving home this afternoon.)

3 - It forced me not to take myself so seriously...I need to do that more often! It is okay to have a little fun once in a while.

So there you have it...I was SHOCKED (get it?!) it wasn't as painful as I had anticipated. Don't get me wrong...it was still painful...especially when pictures started circulating throughout the company...but not SO bad.

Who knows...if I keep this up maybe I'll be known as the fun, confident one. Yeah, you're right...still a long way to go on that one!

And no...I'm not a zombie (common mistake today). I was "struck by lightning!" I'm missing my fried umbrella in this picture.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment