Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 9 -Companionship

Day 9. What got me through today was the quote,

"Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today."
 Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that was a Thomas Jefferson quote. I feel like I'm coming down with a bit of a cold and it was an emotionally exhausting day at work. All day long part of me was pulling to go home, put some PJ's on and just "relax." This quote was in the back of my mind and helped me get some things accomplished at work that really needed to be done.

After getting out of work a little later than I was hoping the quote once again encouraged me to get the grocery shopping done. Yay - now that is no longer hanging over my head.

Today I am grateful for God, in His wisdom, arranging for a companion in life through marriage. You always have someone in your corner who has your back. Sometimes one of you has to step up a little more, but you know the favor will soon be returned.

Thanks Wilson for having the house vacuumed, getting dinner ready and being just so sweet and supportive on a day when I really needed it. Thanks for being my companion in life, my partner in crime, my encourager, the one who calls me out when I need it, my best friend, and the love of my life! Love you Wilson!

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment