Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pumpkin Waffles

 

Paleo Pumpkin Waffles:

Fall is here people! 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall! I love the crisp smell in the air. I love the beautiful fall leaves. I love the fog in the morning. I love the Fall fashion. I don’t love pumpkin. (No…that wasn’t a typo!)
 
Never been a big fan of pumpkin. I’ll try to eat pumpkin pie every year at Thanksgiving, but never with any big success.

But…I LOVE these pumpkin waffles! They may have just made a pumpkin lover out of me. I’ll post some pumpkin muffins that are pretty tasty too at some point! (Thanks for the recipe Jacob!)
 
Imagine it…What could be more yummy than curling up in your PJ’s with your family on a foggy, Fall Saturday morning to some delicious pumpkin waffles and a mug of tea (or coffee for you coffee lovers). 

Hint: NOTHING!  It is just so heartwarming and absolutely delicious!

Here is a link to the original recipe: http://paleomg.com/paleo-pumpkin-waffles/

I doubled it, made a couple little tweaks
Paleo Pumpkin Waffles
Ingredients
  • 1 cup pureed pumpkin
  • 1.5 cup almond flour
  • 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
  • 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 4 tablespoon maple syrup (I used honey!)
  • 4 eggs, whisked
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (I used a lot more!)
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger (I used fresh grated)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Sugar free/Dairy free chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. In a medium sized bowl, mix together coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
  2. Then add the rest of the dry ingredients and pumpkin and mix together. Add a bit more coconut milk, if needed.
  3. Ladle into your waffle maker. Be careful, they expand a bit so they will be pour over if you get ladle happy.
  4. Cook until done – mine took a little longer than a “normal” waffle
You can top with some coconut ice cream and fresh blackberries. Or some coconut butter and blackberry "syrup." Or whatever sounds good to you!
 
SOOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment