Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Positivity and Gratitude - Day 2


I had an epiphany today. I never realized how many times a day I do or say something that isn't necessarily constructive or for that matter...necessary. I caught myself about 6 times today.  It feels good that I'm making progress, but it is a little unsettling that I never really noticed how many comments or emails I probably shouldn't make or send in the course of a day. I'm starting to see how pushing the "pause button" and asking myself if what I'm about to do or say is constructive can really be life changing. I talked with a couple other people who are taking the positivity challenge and they echoed the same sentiments...at least I'm not alone!

Ephesians 4:29-32
"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, 
but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.  
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.  
Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.  
And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, 
even as God in Christ forgave you."

Today I am grateful for - A jog with a friend on a brisk fall day! After work today a friend and I went for a quick jog on a trail by work. Even though we didn't do much talking, I think we pushed and encouraged each other. It just felt good and gave me so much energy for the rest of the day. Thanks Lo!

1 comment: