Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Positivity and Gratitude - Day 3

Day 3. Today was a pretty great day. I think I stayed on track for the most part. I'll be honest, I did slip up once. I have a pretty sarcastic sense of humor and sometimes I just can't help myself! But I was thinking about it...and I think I'd rather be known as the kind-hearted person over the sarcastic person. I still have a long way to go on that one. Which brings me to the other thing on my mind quite a bit today: relying on God. I fear at times I may come off as making changes and accomplishments in my life via my own strength and will. I know it is God working in me and giving me the strength as I work to transform my life according to His perfect will. I feel I need to acknowledge that more in my life.

Philippians 2:12-16
Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Do all things without complaining and disputingthat you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

What I'm grateful for today...there are just SO many things. How can I possibly choose just one? I'm going to go with what is filling my heart with joy at this very moment. I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to teach Bible Class. I am so thankful to be able to teach Connor and Logan.  Connor is an old pro at coming to Bible Class and is helping to be a good example for Logan. Logan just started coming to Bible class over these past couple of weeks. It is just so neat that he is starting to pick things up and is so excited about coming to Bible Class and Connor is being such a good helper. It just warms my heart to see Logan's big ol' open mouth grin and excitement as he claps his hands after he does little things like bows his head as Connor says the prayer for us. It is also heartwarming to see how supportive Connor is and happy that Logan is participating. One question: How do children always have SO much energy! I'm always exhausted by the time class is over...but I'm also somehow energized.

Thank you Connor and Logan! Thank you for energizing me with the love, excitement and purity of a young soul that loves to learn about God! I pray that you never lose that as the years go by! (I'm really wishing I would have taken a picture of those two right about now so you can see how adorable they are!)

Oh...and Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law Sam. I love you and am thankful for you...but we'll save that for another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment