Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Cooking


Proverbs 31: 15

She also rises while it is yet night,
And provides food for her household,
And a portion for her maidservants.

I’m going to tell on you honey.  So…one time (a few years back) Kyle made the comment that I wasn’t very domestic.  GASP!!  But I’m your wife?  He didn’t mean it in an ugly way at all.  But it hurt…it hurt because it was true! I’m sure if he knew it would have hurt my feelings he wouldn’t have said it. I was good at other things…but cooking and cleaning weren’t really my forte!

Fast forward a few years…I’m very pleased to announce Kyle more recently said I was a good cook! J  Thanks babe! That makes me very happy.

Eating Paleo has forced us to be a little more creative with our cooking.  I LOVE trying new things now.  I’m a little more confident in just going with things and not having to follow a recipe.

The key for me is to keep mixing things up and trying new things to keep it fresh and exciting. Before eating Paleo we were pretty much on a rotation of the same foods each week: Fajitas, Taco Salad, Spaghetti, Grill something, Pick up something at the store on the way home, take out…

Now we have a few staples that we keep on the rotation but we have been trying a lot of new things.  It is hard to plan ahead sometimes and sometimes it doesn’t turn out the best! :)  But it is always fun and a learning experience. It is also rewarding, empowering, AND HEALTHY!! J

Every week I plan out our menu (usually with some help from Kyle) and then go shopping for the week.  Now it is just part of our routine and helps our family function so much more efficiently!

Try it out…even for a week.  Plan a menu and start cooking!

What keeps you from making home cooked meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment