Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 22 - Gratitude of others

Day 22. Today I'm grateful for the gratitude of others. Today everyone at work planned a belated Boss's day celebration. SURPRISE! It was quite impressive. They really put a lot of time and thought into it. First off, they planned it on a day that schools were closed so we could all enjoy a celebration together. There was a potluck with some pretty spectacular food. Each supervisor/manager received a beautiful fall bouquet, a coffee mug, a coffee cozy, some office supplies and a special treat, mine was plantain chips and salsa. I thought it was so sweet that they took the time to get me something I could enjoy on Paleo. I think the thing that was most special was the card/booklet they put together that everyone signed. Reading what people had to say hit a special spot with me.

I think we've all been in that situation where we feel like we are trying hard but start to wonder if anyone notices or if it is good enough. Today gave me a lot of energy to keep going. It also reminded me how important it is to tell people why you appreciate them. It may be just what they need at just the right time. I appreciate everyone that I work with so much. We do some great things together and I know I don't tell them enough how much I appreciate them. I'm going to try to do better at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment