Friday, November 9, 2012

Positivity/Gratitude - Day 19: My In-laws

Day 19.I love lists! I love to make lists. I love to mark things off lists. They make me happy. One thing that I have been trying to do lately if I start getting stressed or upset about something is make a list! I know I shouldn't worry about things. It is one thing to say, "Don't worry about it," but when I try that...before I know it I'm thinking about the thing I just told myself I wasn't going to worry about! What I have found to help is praying (of course), but to also focus on all the things that are going well and all the blessings I have and the things that make me happy. Before I know it what I was worried about or stressed about is long gone..I can breathe easier...and have an instant better attitude.

Today I am grateful for my in-laws. They are coming up to visit this weekend. We don't get to see them as often as we would like so I do appreciate the time that we have together. Keeping with the "list" theme...here is a list of ten of the many things I appreciate about my in-laws:

10- Hard-working. They are a great example of being driven and working hard for what they have.
9- Growth. They are both very well educated and are always looking to learn and grow as individuals and encouraging that in others as well.
8- Easy-going. I tend to be a little up tight from time to time so I really admire and need to emulate the easy-going nature of my in-laws. They are truly content in any situation; that is an amazing quality.
7- Supportive. I'm so thankful that my in-laws are always supportive and interested in what we are doing, but never in an overwhelming or meddlesome way. They really "put their money where their mouth is" and offer genuine interest and support in the things that are important to us.
6- Patience. Sometimes my shyness and insecurities can make it very difficult for people to get to know me. I appreciate that my in-laws are very patient with me.
5- Adventure. I'm not the most adventurous person, but I appreciate that my in-laws have a sense of adventure in their life. They are good about turning obstacles and detours into "adventures."
4- Generosity. My in-laws are some of the most generous people. They get involved in their community, and the world around them and are very selfless.
3- They give the glory to God. I respect that my in-laws are interested in seeking God's will for their life and give the glory to God for their blessings and opportunities.
2- Example in marriage. Marriage is forsaken by so many these days. I know Kyle and I are very blessed to have both sets of our parents together and we are very thankful for their example.
1 -Of course the top thing I appreciate about my in-laws is they gave me such a wonderful gift - their son! I love Kyle so much and the life that we have built together and I know I owe many thanks to them as parents for the values they instilled in their son, my husband.

Thank you Jim and Vicki. I know I don't tell you or show you as often as I should that I do truly love and appreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment